Research Methods II: Lab Skills
Full course description
Research Methods 2: Lab Skills (a.k.a. Lab Skills 1) is a project course that focuses on conducting and reporting on scientific experiments. Students learn to use the lab in a safe manner and according to the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Safe Laboratory Practice (SLP) principles, in order to answer their scientific research questions. You will become familiar with accurate measurement of volumes and weights, preparation of chemical solutions, use of basic laboratory techniques, keep your findings in a journal, and reporting your results.
- Identify laboratory equipment and materials that are commonly present in a laboratory.
- Use the laboratory equipment and materials with precision and efficiency.
- Apply the safety and good laboratory practices in the development of scientific experiments across all the practical sessions.
- Conduct laboratory experiments with precision, accuracy and professionalism demonstrated through use and execution of basic laboratory techniques.
- Assess the experimental results and formulate coherent conclusions.
Recommendations; VSC1401 Introduction to Chemistry