Lab Skills 2
Full course description
Lab Skills 2 is a course that originates scientific curiosity in the student. It builds on top of different science courses in the UCV curriculum and stimulate to answer research questions on different topics using advanced laboratory techniques. This creates an environment that gives the opportunity to formulate your own research questions regarding a specific problem to develop a protocol that makes use of different abilities and skills to handle laboratory equipment in a safe and precise manner. Accuracy, focus, and constant questioning will be part of this course to finally obtain solutions to different practical challenges presented during the different sessions.
- Analyse a problem and formulate research questions that involve lab experiments.
- Write a protocol and planning of the activities to be executed in the lab to answer the research questions.
- Conduct laboratory experiments with precision, accuracy and professionalism demonstrated through use and execution of advanced laboratory techniques and proper registration of procedures in the lab journal.
- Assess and conclude over experiment’s results to answer a given research question and outline the conclusion in a scientific report.
- VSC1401 Introduction to Chemistry
- VPR1004 Research Methods 2 – Lab skills
Literature will be provided for each task individually. Besides, you will need to look for your own sources according to the research question.