Full course description
The general aim of this course is to obtain knowledge about the molecular processes in cell signalling and control of gene expression. Topics include intracellular signalling pathways; chromatin structure and remodelling and finally genenetic modifications.
- To give insight into the basics of molecular biology
- To provide the basics of gene expression and gene control
- To provide the theory behind genetically modified organisms
- VSC1101 Introduction to Biology or equivalent
- Interest in biology at molecular level
Molecular Biology of the Cell, Alberts or equivalent books